Celebrate the joy of retirement with this handmade card idea featuring Gone Fishing Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! Designed especially for those who love casting their cares away by the water, you can create a heartfelt handmade card and send it to your beloved angler as they embark on this new chapter of relaxation and leisure. This set features charming fish, lures, bobbers, and serene water images, capturing the essence of fishing adventures. However, its versatility extends beyond fishing alone.
With sentiments tailored for dads, Father’s Day, and retirement, you can craft cards for a multitude of meaningful occasions. The Two-Step images effortlessly complement each other, allowing you to effortlessly add vibrant colors to your creations. For instance, you can create a captivating two-tone lure by stamping the base in a soft hue and overlaying it with the striped lure image in a deeper shade. Embrace the simplicity and joy of this set, and create beautiful cards to convey your warmest wishes to those who deserve a well-deserved break.
Find this post helpful?
Share it on Pinterest
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
How To Make This Card
- Copper Clay Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Pebbled Path Luster Paper: 3″ x 4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock: 1-1/8″ x 2-1/8″
- Basic White Cardstock: 1″ x 2″ and 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″
- Fold the Copper Clay cardstock in half at the scoreline and burnish well with the Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock inside the card.
- Run the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Pretty Peacock through the Cut & Emboss Machine and emboss using the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 2-1/2″ x 4″ Basic White cardstock, stamp the various images from the Gone Fishing Stamp Set using Pretty Peacock and Lemon Lime Twist ink pads. (Note: see the sample card for placement. Stamp some of the images full strength and then stamp again without reinking for variation in color.) Adhere this cardstock to the Pebbled Path Luster Paper and adhere to the front of the card.
- Using the 1″ x 2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink. Adhere to the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and adhere to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the bobber image using Pretty Peacock ink onto the 1-1/2″ square of Basic White cardstock. Fussy cut out using the Paper Snips. Adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Linen Thread, tie into a bow and adhere to top of bobber image to finish.
If you don’t have a Cut & Emboss Machine or the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder, the card still looks great using an unembossed 4” x 5-¼” piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock. No one will know the difference!😊
Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend who is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card, but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit