Today’s post features a fun card sketch using the Party Puffins Stamp set by Stampin’ Up! I think you’ll enjoy how versatile this card sketch is.
How cute is this little guy? At first I thought he was a penguin – in fact, I had to look up what a Puffin even is! Imagine my surprise to find out that the Tufted Puffin is one of the most abundant seabirds breeding in my home state of Washington! 🙄
I think the colors really make this card!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Pumpkin Pie cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Bermuda Bay cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 2-¼” x 2-¾”
- Basic Black cardstock: 2-½” x 3”
- Basic White cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 3-¾” x 5” and 3” scrap for stamping Puffin
- Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to
create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock and adhere inside your card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Basic White
cardstock. Using the Black Memento ink pad, stamp the fish randomly over the front of the White
cardstock. Using the small bold stamp that came inside the Penguin stamp, ink with Mango
Melody ink and stamp over the fish. Note: if you didn’t save this scrap of rubber when assembling
your stamps, you can use a Sponge Dauber (item #133773) for a more “round” effect.
- Adhere the White cardstock to the Bermuda Bay mat. Using the White Bakers Twine from the
Essentials Pack, wrap around the mat and tie into a bow on the right side. Adhere to the base card.
- Cut a 2-1/4” x 2-3/4” piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock. Stamp the sentiment randomly on the
cardstock using Bermuda Bay ink. Adhere to a 2-1/2”x 3” piece of Basic Black cardstock and
adhere to the base card, just to the left of the Twine bow.
- On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the Puffin using Black Memento ink. Color in using the
Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay watercolor pencils. Blend using the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush if
desired – this will also add a bit of sparkle!
- Fussy cut the Puffin out using the Paper Snip Scissors and advere to the card using Stampin’
Dimensionals to finish.
Pin It For Later
Don’t forget to pin this image below to your Pinterest boards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!