Sometimes you need to add a bit of pizzazz to a handmade card and it’s easy to dress up a simple card using the Seashells Embossing Folder by Stampin’ Up!
This is such a gorgeous card and all because of that gorgeous Seashells 3D Embossing Folder used on the background. See other cards made with this folder. The Seashells Embossing folder adds a seashore vibe to any project and it’s a great way to give them some dimension and texture.
I wanted to stay with a more elegant theme for this card, so while I could have gone with brighter colors, I decided to go with one of my favorite oceanic color combinations:
I love how the Mossy Meadow green helps create a gender-neutral palette, avoiding too soft a color combination. What do you think? Here’s how easy this project was to put together:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½” and 2” x 3” scrap for die-cutting
- Petal Pink Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼”
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 1-¼” x 2-⅝”
- Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Petal Pink Cardstock. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder, emboss the cardstock and adhere to the base card.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, Rectangle Stitched Dies and a scrap of Basic White Cardstock, cut a 1” x 2-3/8” Stitched Rectangle. Using the Mossing Meadow ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the White rectangle. Using Sahara Sand ink, stamp the small shell images around the sentiment.
- Adhere the White cardstock to a 1-1/4” x 2-5/8” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock. 5. Wrap the Crinkled Ribbon around the front of the card and tie into a bow. 6. Adhere the sentiment next to the bow using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Shop 24/7
- Learn more about my Rewards Program
- Enjoy a quick & easy stamping experience with our Monthly Subscription Kit
- Save 20% on Every Order!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!