Need a Birthday Card for Teenagers?
Have a birthday coming up soon for your favorite teenager or tween? Then you’ll love this adorable birthday card for teenagers – with just the right touch of whimsy!
I often get asked what makes a card right for a guy, girl, teenager, tween – well, you get the idea! Personally, I think it’s all about color and design, not necessarily the images that are used.
That said, the images from the Oh Snap! Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! are perfect for all sorts of handmade birthday cards! They’re fun, whimsical and cover a variety of sentiments that are perfect for many different occasions. (They’re even a bit snarky – in line with a “dad joke”! 😂 )
One of the things I love about this card were the colors I used:
If you prefer green gators, then it would be super easy to switch out the Soft Suede ink to Granny Apply Green. If you want to switch it up a bit, you can find other Color Combinations here.
Supplies Used On This Project
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2) and 1″ x 5-3/8″
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold at score line to
create your base card.
- Cut 2 pieces of 4” x 5-1/4” Very Vanilla Cardstock. Adhere 1 piece on the inside of the base card.
- On the other piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the alligator on the left side of card using Soft
Suede ink. Stamp the bird on his nose using the same color ink. Color in the alligator’s body using
the Light Soft Suede Blend and the “scales” using the Dark Soft Suede Blend. Color in the bird
using the Light Night of Navy Blend.
- Using the “wave” stamp, stamp it around the alligator using Coastal Cabana ink. Using the
Pumpkin Pie in, stamp the “oh snap” inside the alligator’s mouth.
- Cut a 1” x 5-3/8” piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Starting at the top, stamp the “it’s your
birthday” stamp 2 times using the Coastal Cabana ink pad. Clean your stamp, ink the stamp in
Pumpkin Pie ink and stamp. Clean stamp thoroughly, reink in Coastal Cabana ink and stamp 5
- Adhere the 1” strip onto the left side of the cardstock (see sample) using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Pin It For Later
Don’t forget to pin this image below to your Pinterest boards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another project. My goal is to help keep you creating! Keep checking back for more projects.