Create a quick and easy handmade Easter Card using the Springtime Joy stamp set by Stampin’ Up!
This little chick is so cute – I just smile every time I see him! Not only does he make a cute card, he’d be perfect on a tag for an Easter basket too!
I wanted bright cheery colors for this card, but I wanted it to be perfect for any age or gender, so I went with this classis color combination:
If you’d like to see other classic color combinations, you can find them here. This card is so easy to make. I did use an Embossing Folder on the Pumpkin Pie piece, but that is totally optional and this card would look just as cute without it. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used On This Project
- Daffodil Delight cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and a scrap for stamping the chick.
- Old Olive cardstock: 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold at score line to
create your base card.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock. Adhere to the inside of the base card.
- Stamp the sentiment in the lower right corner using Old Olive ink.
- Cut a 2” x 4-1/4” piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. Run it through the Cut & Emboss Machine
using the 3-D Subtle folder. Adhere to the base card just above the stamped sentiment.
- Cut a 1-1/4” x 4-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the chick 5 times across the
cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink.
- Cut a 1-1/2” x 4-1/4” piece of Old Olive cardstock and adhere the stamped piece of White
Cardtock to it; adhere to the base card.
- On a scrap of White cardstock, stamp the chick using Pumpkin Pie ink; color in using the Light
Pumpkin Pie Blend and fussy cut out using your Paper Snip scissors. Adhere to the card as shown
in the sample using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow using the Old Olive ribbon from the Ornate Garden pack and adhere to the card to finish.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2022 Holiday Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.