Nature’s Beauty Stamp Set by Stampin Up
The Nature’s Beauty Stamp Set by Stampin Up combines nature’s beautiful images with realistic images to create a quiet scene for any project. Combine with your favorite greeting set for any occasion!
There is so much to love about this card – and so many details that give it a lot of depth! This card would be ridiculously difficult to make without the Stampin’ Up! Cut & Emboss Machine. But thanks to the Machine, you can die-cut and emboss all of the details on this card in minutes!
Probably one of my favorite parts of this card is how the focal image – the fox – was done. I used a simple papercrafting technique calls “masking” (you can more about this technique here) where I stamped the fox, covered him up with a cut post-it note, and then stamps the branches & hills around me. The post-it note prevented the other images from being stamped over him and once the post-it note mask was removed, I simply colored him in with Watercolor Pencils. Such an easy technique but it always has a big impact!
You can find complete instructions below on how I made this card – don’t forget to download the Written Tutorial to save for when you want to try making this card yourself!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4” and 3” x 3” for die-cutting
- Cajun Craze Cardstock: 3” x 4” for die-cutting
- Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper:
- 4” x 5-1/4” (wood pattern)
- 1-1/2” x 5” (leaf pattern)
- Basic White: 4”x 5-1/4” and 3” x 3” for die-cutting
1. Fold the Pear Pizzazz cardstock in half at the score line to create your base card.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
3. Run the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Beauty of the Earth paper through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. Adhere to the card base.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the various labels from the Tasteful Labels Dies , cut out a Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz and Basic White tag. (See photo for reference.)
5. Using the Early Espresso ink pad, stamp the fox onto the die-cut Basic White cardstock. Note: if it’s too dark, flip over and stamp again, stamping off the image once on scrap paper.
6. Color in the fox using the Cajun Craze Watercolor Pencil and blend with the Blender Pen. Dark the eyes of the fox using the Black Watercolor pencil.
7. Use the Old Olive Watercolor Pencil on the “hill” and blend with the Blender Pen (optional: add a touch of water with a paintbrush along the bottom of the hill to blend and pull the color out – be careful to not use too much water.)
8. Stamp the fox on a scrap of typing paper or a post-it note and cut out to create a mask. Placing the mask over the stamped fox, ink up the “bush” image, stamp off 1-2 times on your scratch paper and stamp next to the fox. Repeat 2 more times. Remove mask.
9. Using the Delightful Tag Topper Punch, punch the top part of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper. Tie about 6” of Early Espresso Trim through the top; secure.
10. Using the die-cuts from Step #4, adhere the white stamped die-cut to the Pear Pizzazz die-cut and then adhere these to the Cajun Craze die-cut label using Adhesive.
11. Adhere the Cajun Craze label to the punched tag from Step #9 & adhere all pieces to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
12. To finish, add 4 small Gold Metallic Pearls on both sides of the Cajun Craze Label (see photo for placement.)
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade masculine cards ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a relaxing cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the fun part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!