A Simple Dragonfly Thank You Card
Do you have friends who love dragonflies? Then this simple dragonfly Thank You card is the perfect handmade greeting card for that special person you need to say thank you to!
The Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set evokes feelings of being in an idyllic garden, surrounded by lovely meadow flowers and watching dragonflies elegantly fly by. When I lived in Rhode Island as a girl, I spent many a happy spring doing just that! This captures the tranquility and beauty of those long hours spent laying in a field, watching the sky and capturing dragonflies!
The Inspirational greetings of friendship in this stamp set also give you many opportunities to make someone’s day with a hand-crafted card.
What makes this card so simple is that the Dragonfly was punched out of the coordinating Dandy Garden Designer Paper using the Dragonflies Punch, which is part of the Dragonfly Bundle. This punch will help you create charming embellishment on cards, tags, and more.
Supplies Used On This Project
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 3″ x 4″
- Mellow Moss Cardstock: 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Dandy Garden Designer Paper: 2″ x 5-1/4″
- Calypso Coral Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere one piece inside of card.
- With the other Basic White Cardstock, run through Cut & Emboss Machine using Subtle Folder.
- Cut a 2” x 5-1/4” piece of the Mellow Moss Dandy Garden Designer Paper and layer onto the embossed Basic White mat. Cut 6” of the Mossy Meadow Linen Thread so that it covers seam of the Designer Paper and tape ends to back of Basic White mat. Layer onto base card.
- Cut a 3-1/4” x 4-1/4” piece of Mellow Moss cardstock and a 3” x 4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Using the Mossy Meadow ink and floral stamp from set, stamp flowers randomly.
- Using the Calypso Coral ink pad, stamp the sentiment above the flowers to the right. Adhere the Basic White mat to the Mossy Meadow mat and adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the Dragonflies Punch that comes in the Bundle, punch out one of the Dragonflies from the Dandy Garden Designer paper and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin It For Later
Don’t forget to pin this image below to your Pinterest boards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!