How cute is this handmade Congratulations Card made with the Snailed It Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up? Whoever receives this card is sure to smile!
The Snailed It Stamp Set has the cutest mailcarriers you have ever seen! Talk about Happy Mail! Decorate all your letters and parcels with these adorable snails. You are sure to brighten someone’s day!
It’s hard to see in the picture, but I also used the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (one of my favorite Stamping Tools!) to create a “snail trail” of glitter. In person, it adds just the right touch of sparkle and whimsy!
And you can certainly get creative when coloring in your snail images – who says snails can’t be pink? 😄 I love the color palette used on this card – I definitely could have gone with a softer green but I thought the Shaded Spruce really brightened up the color combination! What do you think?
Supplies Used On This Project
- Sahara Sand Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (x2) and scraps for the snail and sentiment banner
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock: 1″ x 2-1/2″
- Cut a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut 2 pieces of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere 1 inside of base card.
- Adhere the 2nd piece of Basic White cardstock to the front of the card. Cut a 3/4” x 2-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock and a 1” x 2-1/2” piece of Shaded Spruce Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment onto the White cardstock using Sahara Sand ink and “flag notch” the right side with your Scissors. Adhere to the Shaded Spruce cardstock and “flag notch” with scissors; adhere to card.
- On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the large snail. Color in the body with the Light Crumb Cake Blend, the belly of the snail with Light Smoky Slate Blend, the Shell with the Light & Dark Shaded Spruce Blends and the packages with the Light Rich Razzleberry and Light Balmy Blue Blend. Cut out using your scissors and adhere to the center/bottom of card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the heart stamp and the Blushing Bride ink pad, stamp a series of hearts just over the snails head to the upper right corner of the card.
- Use the Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush to create a “slime trail” to the right of the snail.
Like it? Pin it!
Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another project. My goal is to help keep you creating! Keep checking back for more projects.