This Detailed Dogwood Thank You card, using the Detailed Dogwood Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!, is perfect for creating and sharing your gratitude! Imagine the joy your loved ones will feel as they receive a handmade thank-you card, embellished with the natural elegance of dogwood flowers.
From selecting harmonious colors to layering elements for a collage effect, this stamp set provides you with an opportunity to explore your creativity. If these colors don’t appeal to you, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for more ideas.
Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or new to the world of handmade cards, this project promises an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Let’s dive into the world of beautiful floral dogwood images and heartfelt thanks!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White Cardstock: 3: x 5:
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 1” x 5”
- Pool Party Cardstock: 1” x 5”
- Basic White Cardstock: 3/4” x 2-1/4”
- Basic White Cardstock: 3” x 3” (for punching)
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Basic White Cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the Pool Party strip to the 1/4” to the left of the right side of the card.
- Tear the Calypso Coral cardstock lengthwise and adhere to the Pool Party Strip.
- Using the Pool Party ink pad, stamp the double leaf image 6 times in a semi-circular fashion as shown in the sample. Adhere to the left side of the card, 1/4” to the right of the left fold line.
- Using the 3/4” strip of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Pool Party ink.
- Using the 3” piece of Basic White cadstock, punch out the 2-3/8” circle. Using the flower image stamp on the circle several times using Calypso Coral ink. Adhere the sentiment from previous step to the bottom of the circle image and adhere both to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add 3 of the Calypso Coral Opaque Faceted Gems as desired.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for you need a card in a hurry. The torn edge on this card is easier if you use your thumb to hold down the paper and then tear – it’s hard to tear through your thumb! 😊