Gorgeous Leaves Stamp Set
Add a touch of nature to your handmade cards and scrapbook pages using the Gorgeous Leaves Stamp Set. Layer the leaves over the background images for a dimensional look, or use the background images alone to add visual texture.
I love how quickly this card came together! The simpliicity of the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set images made the actual stamping very easy to do.
I started with a variation of Card Sketch #6 in my Card Sketch Library, using the stamped images instead of Designer Paper to simplify the card. I then went with a Color Combination that seemed perfect for the season and the stamped images!
If this color combination doesn’t speak to you, you can always pull a different color combination from my Color Library. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Cajun Craze: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Early Espresso: 2-3/4” x 5-1/2”
- Very Vanilla: 2-1/2” x 5-1/2” and 4” x 5-1/4”
1. Fold the Cajun Craze cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla inside your card.
3. Using the Cajun Craze ink pad and the “splatter” stamp, stamp the speckles along the bottom of the folded card.
4. Using the 2-1/2” strip of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the ‘wood grain’ stamp 3 times using Soft Sea Foam Ink.
5. Stamp the leaf in the center, over the wood grain image, using Old Olive ink.
6. Clean your stamp and repeat on either side, once with Cajun Craze and then with Early Espresso. Be sure to clean your stamp between each ink color change.
7. Adhere the Very Vanilla Strip to the Early Espresso strip. Wrap the Linen Thread 2-3 times around the bottom of the cardstock and tie into a knot; trim edges as needed.
8. Adhere the stamped strip to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday cards ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a delicious cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the fun part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!