DIY Birthday Card for Guys
How cute is this DIY Birthday Card for guys? It features the Hey Birthday Chick Stamp set from Stampin’ Up! and one of my favorite color combination for guys: Cajun Craze, Night of Navy and Crushed Curry.
I love creating cards for all the guys in my life. I find that the main thing that makes a card “masculine” are the colors and the simplicity of the design. (See more masculine cards here.)
For this card, I went with one of my tried & true color palettes: Night of Navy, Cajun Craze and then either a yellow, orange or green.
I originally started to use Pumpkin Pie for the feel of the chicken but I felt I needed a “brighter” color to round out the images. The use of Crushed Curry worked for this design, while in another design, Old Olive might work better. Sometimes you just have to play around with your colors until you hit the one that works for you!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Cajun Craze Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Well Suited Designer Paper: 3” x 4-¼”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 2-¾” x 4”
- Cut a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and place inside your folded card base.
- Using the Black Memento ink, stamp the “let’s celebrate you” sentiment randomly over front of folded card base.
- Cut a 3” x 4-1/4” piece of Navy Well Suited Designer Paper; adhere to card front.
- Cut a 2-3/4” x 4” piece of Basic White cardstock. Using the Black Memento ink, stamp the chicken at the bottom of the White mat and the Happy Birthday above him using the same ink.
- Color in the chicken using the Blends.
- Wrap the Night of Navy twine from the Combo Pack several times around the top of the White mat and tie into a bow of knot.
- Adhere the White Mat to the Designer Paper using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Like it? Pin it! Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend that is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard