I recently needed a simple Thank You Card that wouldn’t take a lot of time to make, and the Flower of Friendship stamp set by Stampin’ Up! came to the rescue! This card looks very difficult but it actually comes together very quickly.
For this sample, I used a new stamp set from Stampin’ Up!, the Flower of Friendship. The stamping was quite easy – I used scotch tape as a “mask” so that I could get the two-tone effect on the flowers. It’s a very easy technique – you can find the directions below.
This simple Thank You card also uses 2 of the new 2021-2023 In Colors: Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. I absolutely love these colors together! I decided to pair it with Calypso Coral to brighten up the darker Evening Evergreen. Here’s the color palette:
- Evening Evergreen Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ plus scrap for die-cutting
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Soft Succulent: Cardstock scrap for die-cutting tag
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Evening Evergreen Cardstock, score at 4-1/4” and fold to make base card. Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock and adhere inside card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock and run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the base card.
- Run a quarter sheet of Basic White cardstock through the Cut & Emboss machine using the 3-3/8” x 4-3/4” Rectangle Stitched Die.
- Ink up one of the sponge daubers, load it with Evening Evergreen ink and dab the ink onto the stems/leaves of the trio flower image, making sure that part of the image is well inked. Load a second sponge dauber with Calypso Coral ink and dab the ink onto the flowers. “Huff” (breathe heavily) onto the stamp so that the moistness of your breath reactivates the ink and stamp onto the right side of the Basic White rectangle from Step #3. Adhere to base card.
- Run a scrap of Soft Succulent though the Cut & Emboss Machine cutting out the Tailor Made Tag Die. Run the circle from the same die set through the Cut & Emboss Machine using a scrap of Calypso Coral cardstock. Layer the Calypso Coral circle onto the Soft Succulent Tag.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Soft Succulent tag using Evening Evergreen ink.
- Add 4”-5” of the Evening Evergreen ribbon through the hole of the tag and trim ends as needed. Adhere the tag to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add 3 of the small Epoxy Essentials onto the tag as desired.
Like this card? Be sure to Pin It so you can find it again later!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this idea a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!