How gorgeous is this Christmas Card featuring the Inspired Thoughts Bundle? Although not done in traditional colors, it’s an elegant card that is perfect for the Christmas Season.
Although I’m usually a “traditional colors for Christmas” kinda gal, I really love the colors on this card!
The color inspiration was chosen from the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper, which just happens to be on sale thru August 2, 2021. You can read all about the sale here. The colors are fairly neutral and the use of Basic Gray on the sentiment really tons down the other colors.
Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used On This Card
- Fresh Freesia: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored & folded at 4-1/4” to create card base
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (2); 1” x 3”
- Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper: 3-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- Layer one of the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White mats inside your card.
- Using the other Basic White mat, run it through the Cut & Emboss machine using the tree dies.
- Using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, adhere the trees from Step #2 onto the Designer Paper, lining up at the bottom and not placing glue on the middle of the 2nd and 4th tree trunks so that you can slip the ribbon through. Using 16” of ribbon, place the ribbon so that it goes over the first tree trunk, under the 2nd tree trunk, over the 3rd and under the 4th tree trunk; tie into a knot and trim edges.
- Layer the mat from previous step onto the folded card.
- Using the 1” x 3” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Basic Gray ink. Using your Paper Snips, cut a “flag notch” on the right side. Carefully slip the left side of the 2nd tree trunk and adhere to the card using adhesive.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!