Check out the In Symmetry Bundle by Stampin’ Up! for fun Folk Art images that are bursting with color! You’ll be able to create handmade greeting cards in minutes!
If you’re a fan of Folk Art patterns, you’re going to love the combination of the In Symmetry Bundle and coordinating Sweet Symmetry Designer Paper by Stampin’ Up! The bold patterns are done in bright, fun colors and work together so beautifully!
To me, the In Symmetry Bundle looked a bit nordic, so I looked up what the folk image would look like. According to Google, Scandinavian design style originated in the 5 Nordic countries such as Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Iceland. Because the Nordic people enjoy nature activities, the dark winter in Nordic country are very long. This makes the Nordic people spent much of their time indoors. So, to make them closer to the nature, they bring nature into their house. These floral images certainly accomplish that!
For this card, I decided to go with a color combination from the Sweet Symmetry Designer Paper, using Calypso Coral, Just Jade and Bumblee. It’s such a fun color combination and perfect for the Folk Art images. Here’s the color palette:
If these colors are a bit too bright for you, you can find other Color Combinations here. The directions for how to make this card are below – make sure you click on the Download link if you’d like to download a written tutorial.
Supplies Used On This Project
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 4-¼” x 11”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 2” x 3-¼”
- Bumblebee Cardstock: 2-¼” x 3-½”
- Sweet Symmetry Designer Paper: 4” x 5-½”
- Scraps: Calypso Coral (fussy cutting flowers) & Sweet Symmetry paper (punching stems)
1. Cut a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock to 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2” and fold at score line to create your base card.
2. Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere inside card.
3. Cut a 4” x 5-1/2” piece of Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper and center onto card base.
4. Cut a 2” x 3-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Ink the medium flower in Calypso Coral ink, tap off some of the ink on your scratch paper, and stamp onto the lower portion of the Basic White cardstock. Stamp the sentiment over the top of the flower using Black Memento ink.
5. Layer the White cardstock onto a 2-1/4” x 3-1/2” piece of Bumblebee Cardstock.
6. Using a scrap of Calypso Coral Cardstock, stamp the flower 3 times in Calypso Coral ink and fussy cut out using your Paper Snip Scissors.
7. Using the Symmetrical Stems Border Punch from the Bundle, punch out 2 stems from the Sweet Symmetry Designer Paper. Add to either side of the stamped piece from Step #4-5. Adhere the 3 cut flowers at the bottom center and end of each stem using Liquid Adhesive. Adhere this mat to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Wrap a piece of the Just Jade & Gold Ribbon around the outside of the card and tie into a bow to finish.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!