It’s time to celebrate summer with the Inspired Thoughts Bundle by Stampin’ Up! What makes this card so special are all the little touches added to this handmade card.
Summer is here and this handmade card is perfect to send to all your friends to celebrate the season!
The only thing stamped on this card is the sentiment – everything else is accomplished by using the versatile Inspiring Canopy dies with your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. These dies help you create unique tree, leaf & ground die-cut shapes. Plus the more detailed dies include ejection holes so you can remove the cardstock easily.
Add the adorable Loose Flower Flourishes and gorgeous gold Bumblebee Trinkets and you’ve got a handmade card that’s sure to impress whoever you give one to! 😀
Here’s how to make this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 2” x 5-½”
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock: 4-¼” x 5-½”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 4-¼” x 5-½”
- Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Inspiring Canopy Dies that come in the Bundle, cut a 2” x 5-1/2” piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and cut the top off using the “landscape die”. Optional: use your scissors to go over and change some of the “slopes” so that it doesn’t look like the next piece.
- Using a Blending Brush and the Pool Party ink pad, lightly sponge ink onto the base card, concentrating on the middle area of the base card. Adhere the Mossy Meadow Cardstock to the base card, lining up the pieces at the bottom of the base card.
- Cut a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and die-cut the tree branches 2 times so that you have 4 trees. Adhere the 4 trees to the base card, lining up the branches towards the top of the base card.
- Cut a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock and die-cut the “landscape” die. Next, die-cut the 4 “leaf” images two times so that you have 8 sets of leaves.
- On the Landscape Image, stamp the sentiment in the center of the die using Black Memento ink. Adhere the landscape image to the bottom of the card, covering the bottom of the tree trunks.
- Adhere the leaf images to all 4 trees, arranging as desired.
- Add 2 of the Bumblebee Trinkets using Glue Dots. Adhere 5-7 of the Loose Flower Flourishes around the stamped sentiment as desired.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions, including making cards from sketches. I hope you’ll join me again for more card making ideas!