Who wouldn’t love this fun Happy Birthday Card using the Adventurous Journey Stamp Set? Don’t make creating that perfect birthday card an “oar-deal” – use this set and it’ll be a snap!
This was such a fun card to put together! I loved the color combination – I thought it made a fabulous masculine birthday card – but if it’s not to your taste, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for lots of different color palette ideas!
I stamped the main focal image on a scrap of Basic White cardstock and colored it in using the following blends:
- Dark Pumpkin Pie for the kayak
- Light Night of Navy for the oars and jacket
- Light Mint Macaron for the sweat shirt sleeves
- Smoky Slate Light for the hat & oar handles
- SU 900 for the skin
Once colored, I then fussy cut it out with my Paper Snip scissors. Super simple and such a fun card to create!
- Pumpkin Pie: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Sun Prints Paper: 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (blue paper) and 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (2 of the striped pattern)
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside card)
- 4″ x 4″ for “boat” image
- 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ (happy) and 1/2″ x 2″ (birthday)
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade birthday card ideas you have saved, so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session, you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration (earn free items with a qualifying order!)
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!