Are you a mushroom lover? How about a handmade card with mushrooms? How fun is this!
How cute are these mushrooms? They might not be a normal focal point on a handmade greeting card but I think they’re pretty adorable! Made with the Snail Mail stamp set by Stampin’ Up!, this card is sure to make someone smile!
One of my favorite parts of this card is the unusual color combination I used. Here’s the combo:
The Coastal Cabana brightens up the Cajun Craze and Old Olive combination and makes this card perfect for any age or gender. Click here for more color combinations you might like to use in this design.
This card also features an embossing folder to add some depth on the Cajun Craze cardstock strip, but if you don’t have a Cut & Emboss Machine, no worries – the card still looks good without the embossing! Also, I used a piece of Snail Mail Designer Paper behind the main mushroom image, but if you don’t have any of this paper, simple switch it out with Bermuda Bay or even Old Olive cardstock! Here’s how this card was made:
Supplies Used On This Project
- Coastal Cabana cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 2-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Cajun Craze cardstock: 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Cut a piece of Coastal Cabana Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to
create your base card.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere to inside of base card.
- Cut a 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Cajun Craze Cardstock and run it through the Cut & Emboss
Machine using the Greenery Embossing Folder of your choice. Adhere to the card base leaving
about a 1/8” border on the right side.
- Cut a 2-1/2” x 2-3/4” piece of the Bermuda Bay Snail Mail Designer Paper and a 2-1/4” x 2-1/2”
piece of Basic White Cardstock.
- Stamp the ‘mushroom’ stamp onto the Basic White cardstock using Old Olive ink. Color in the
Mushroom using the Daffodil Delight Blends, the Light Pumpkin Pie and Light Bermuda Bay Blends.
Use the Light Old Olive Blend to color in the fern. Layer onto the Snail Mail Designer Paper and
adhere to card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment below the stamped image using Old Olive ink.
Like it? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2022 Holiday Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions, including making cards from sketches. I hope you’ll join me again for more card making ideas!