Need the perfect Kangaroo Thank You card for that special person in your life? How about this fun floral card featuring a kangaroo? Who wouldn’t jump for joy to receive this card! 😊
What a wonderful way to thank someone for doing something special for you! This adorable Kangaroo card will have them bouncing with excitement when they receive this adorable Kangaroo Thank You card!
The played around with a few different color combinations for this card and decided to go with the more subdued Old Olive rather than the bright Granny Apple Green. By using Old Olive, it upped the elegance factor of this card just a bit, which I needed for this particular Thank You card. Here’s the color combination I used – you can see alternative color combinations here:
This card was extremely easy to make. I did use the Cut & Emboss Machine to create the woodgrain background on the base card, but if you don’t have an embossing machine, you can leave this step out and it will still look great.
Supplies Used On This Project
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4: x 5-1/4: and 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Old Olive Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line
to create your base card. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, place the “front” of the card inside the
Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder; emboss the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere to inside of base card.
- Cut a 3-3/4” x 3-3/4” piece of Old Olive Cardstock and a 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” piece of Basic White
- Using the Soft Suede ink pad, stamp the Kangaroo in the center of the 3-1/2” Basic White
cardstock. Color in the Kangaroo using the Light Soft Suede Blend and the Light Flirty Flamingo
Blend for the ear.
- Using the Old Olive ink pad, stamp the floral stamp randomly around the edge of the Basic White
cardstock, being careful to leave white space around the Kangaroo.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration & earn free products!
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend that is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard