If you turn green at the though of Fruitcake, not to worry! You’ll love this fruitcake made with the Stampin’ Up! Sweets & Treats Stamp set!
I love working with the versatile Sweets & Treats Stamp set – it’s so much fun to design with!
Despite the fact that I detest fruitcake, I loved making this Fruitcake Card! Rather than go with a more cutesy card, I decided to make it a bit more elegant by using the Fold Foil background and the gold-filled Ribbon. 😀
This card really came together quickly thanks to the pretty paper and using the Stampin’ Blends to color in the images. You can download the complete written Tutorial on how to make this card below. Time to bring on Christmas cardmaking!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- 3-1/2” x 4-1/2”
- 4” x 4” scrap for die-cutting
- Simply Elegant Specialty Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Cherry Cobbler: 3-5/8” x 4-5/8”
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the Simply Elegant Specialty Paper onto the base card.
- Using the 3-1/2” Basic White Paper, stamp the platform at the bottom of the cardstock using Black Memento ink. Stamp the fruitcake on top of the platter using the same ink.
- Using the 4” scrap of Basic White Cardstock, stamp just the top of fruit cake (all you need are the leaves/berries) using Black Memento ink. Stamp sentiment at one end and using the Cut & Emboss Machine & small sentiment label die from Seasonal Labels Dies, cut out the label.
- Color in the Leaves & Berries using the Soft Succulent and Cherry Cobbler Blends; fussy cut out. Set this piece & sentiment die-cut aside.
- Color in the fruitcake using the Bronze Blend. Color in the fruitcake pieces, leaves and berries using the Soft Succulent and Dark Cherry Cobbler Blends. Outline the cake platter using Light Smoky Slate Blend.
- Wrap 5” of the Ribbon around the top of the White cardstock (just above the fruitcake) and adhere to back. Adhere the White cardstock to the Cherry Cobbler cardstock and adhere to base card.
- Using the pieces from Step #5, adhere sentiment strip using adhesive, leaving room at the right for the leaves/berries. Adhere leaves/berries piece to right of sentiment strip using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, add Wink of Stella to the cake frosting and berries.
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade Christmas Cards ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a delicious cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the fun part!
- Sign up for my Free Sleigh Your Holiday Gift Giving Workshop!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create and make your own Christmas Cards. We are heading into the holiday season and as you know, not only is it a fast moving time that goes by quickly, it’s also a crafter’s happy time of creating. Be sure to block off time to create a lot this fall! See you soon with more projects.