Use the Stampin Up Stitched Leaves Dies to create custom, die-cut Autumn leaves. Add these gorgeous leaves to your handmade cards, scrapbooks, journals, and other paper crafts, quickly and easily!
This simple card was designed for a guy friend who I needed to send a thank you card to – and it came together very quickly!
I used White Ink (which is a craft, non-dye ink – you can learn more about it here) to stamp the the leaves on the background, and then added some Vellum Cardstock to finish out the translucent theme.
But what really makes this card is that gorgeous die-cut White leaf. This was cut out using the Stampin Up Stitched Leaves Dies
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2” and 3” x 3” scrap for die-cutting
- Evening Evergreen: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Vellum Cardstock: 2” x 6”
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half to create your base card.
- If your White Craft ink pad isn’t recently inked or you are inking for 1st time, make sure to add a generous amount of White Craft ink refill onto the pad and press well into the pad using the tip of your bottle or the back of a plastic spoon.
- Stamp the large bold leaf randomly over the Evening Evergreen mat using the White Craft ink. Set aside to dry and clean your stamp thoroughly.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, cut out the large bold stitched leaf using the Stitched Leaves Dies and scrap of Basic White cardstock.
- Using the Paper Trimmer scoring blade, score the strip of Vellum cardstock at 1” and 5”. Crease well with your bone folder. Adhere the 1” folded strip to the back of the Evening Evergreen cardstock and secure with adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the vellum cardstock on the left side; let dry about 2 minutes.
- Adhere the leave to the right of stamped sentiment using adhesive.
- Adhere 2-3 copper Brushed Metallic Dots under the sentiment to finish.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you enjoy some creative joy! Keep checking back for more projects.