Craft a thoughtful Thinking of You card using Lovely and Sweet Bundle by Stampin’ Up!. This Bundle is perfect for showing someone you care! It offers the perfect elements to create a card that says ‘I’m thinking of you’ in the most beautiful way. With images of flourishing vanilla, cocoa, and almond plants, your card will be a delightful surprise for anyone needing a bit of cheer.
For this card, I wanted a more eclectic look, so I chose the Perennial Lavender Designer Paper and pulled my colors for this card directly from the Paper. I love how it turned out, but if you’d prefer a different look, definitely check out my Color Combination Library which will provide you with some different combinations.
This stamp set not only allows for creative expression through coloring but also provides sentiments that resonate with your message. Paired with the Lovely & Sweet Dies, your card will boast intricate details that elevate its overall aesthetic, making your thoughtful gesture even more memorable. Let me show you how to craft your way into someone’s heart with this beautiful card!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Fresh Freesia Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 1″ x 2-1/2″ (for die-cutting)
- Basic White Cardstock: 2″ x 2-1/2″
- Perennial Lavender Designer Paper (pattern 1): 3″ x 4-1/2″
- Perennial Lavender Designer Paper (pattern 2): 3″ x 4-1/2″
- Perennial Lavender Designer Paper (pattern 3): 3″ x 4-1/2″
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Fresh Freesia cardstock in half at the score line to create the card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock inside the card.
- Using the 3 pieces of Perennial Lavender paper, run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out the puzzle pieces. Using different papers, adhere to the Crumb Cardstock mat as shown in the sample, or as desired. Note: you’ll have lots left over to use on additional cards.
- Wrap the Bubble Bath ribbon around the bottom of the Crumb Cake cardstock and tie into a bow on the right side. Adhere the cardstock to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run the Crumb Cake cardstock through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out the sentiment tag. Run the 2″ piece of Basic White cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine through the Machine and cut out 3 of the small floral stems.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the Crumb Cake sentiment tag using Gorgeous Grape ink. Adhere the various white stems onto the back of the sentiment labels as shown in the sample.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake label/stems to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This card uses a variety of Dies which makes this card look more difficult than it is. By combining different dies together, you end up with a beautifully cohesive look that works primarily because of the gorgeous Designer Paper. I hope you’ll give this card sketch a try — using different papers will create a totally different look!