Enjoy simple cardmaking with this free Softly Sophisticated Sale-A-Bration Bundle Tutorial. The Softly Sophisticated Bundle is free between now and February 29, 2024 with a qualifying order and makes it easy to create beautiful handmade cards quickly.
This is a Two-Step Stamp Set, which are my favorite type of Stampin’ Up! stamps . The two-step stamping process lets you layer images using different stamps from the set. It’s like building an image piece by piece. You might use one stamp to stamp the leaves and then use another stamp to stamp the flower image. When you put it all together, you get one detailed image that looks like it pops off the page! You can also easily use different ink colors for each stamp. This gives your image more color and detail than you’d get using just one stamp. Try two-step stamping to add more life and color to your papercrafting projects!
For this card, I went with a soft color palette and then added a pop of color with the floral image. If you’d prefer something different, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, which will provide you with different color combination inspiration!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Masterfully Made Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock: 3-1/4” X 4”
- Basic White Cardstock: 2” x 4”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Run the Soft Sea Foam cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine and emboss using the Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder that is part of the Bundle. Adhere to the Masterfully Made paper and adhere to the card front.
- Using the 2” x 4” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the leaf image using Soft Sea Foam ink. Stamp the florals using Highland Heather ink. Stamp the sentiment to the right of this image using Black Memento ink. Adhere to the center of the card using adhesive.
- To finish, add 2 of the Purple Fine Shimmer Gems as desired.
A Tip from Barb
This is considered a Worker Bee card only because of the Embossing Folder used on the card. Since it’s part of the Bundle, I didn’t want to remove it from the card, but if you don’t have a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, you could easily leave it off and still have a gorgeous card!