Create unique handmade ocean-themed cards using the Seascape Bundle by Stampin’ Up! Sea lovers or not, you’ll be fond of all you can create with this Bundle.
There are so many fun images in the Seascape Stamp Set! I love that this set includes not only numerous ocean imagery such as seaweed and fishes, the sentiments are in such a fun font! Use these sentiments to show family and friends that you care.
But that’s not all I love about this Bundle! By purchasing the Bundle, you’ll also receive the Sea Life dies, which will allow you to add gorgeous and intricate custom die-cut pieces – they add so much texture to your handmade cards!
The dies include a seahorse, fishes, and seaweed, making it perfect for any type of cards: gender neutral, masculine, or even girlfriend cards. Customize your projects as you wish using coordinating products, and show your love and appreciation to your loved ones. Or, just wave hello to “sea” how they’re doing!
This card looks difficult but it was easy to put together thanks to the Sea Life dies – and there may be something you miss when you first look at this card. I wanted to add a bit of sparkle to this card, so for the main mat, I used Soft Succulent Shimmer vellum instead of regular cardstock. I think this really “stepped up” the card and added a bit of undersea whimsey!
Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project:
- Flirty Flamingo: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-¼” (2)
- Soft Succulent Shimmer Vellum: 4” x 5-¼”
- In Symmetry Designer Paper: 3” x 4”
1. Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
2. Cut 2 pieces of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock and adhere 1 piece inside card.
3. Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Soft Succulent Shimmer Vellum. Stamp the coral at bottom of Vellum using Flirty Flamingo ink & the Seaweed over that using Soft Succulent ink; set aside.
4. Using the other piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White Cardstock, run it through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the coral die from the Sea Life Dies (part of the Seascape Bundle) & cut 2 pieces.
5. Using a 3” x 4” piece of Flirty Flamingo/Calypso Coral In Symmetry Designer Paper, run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Seahorse Die. Using your Paper Snips, cut the “flaps” to release it from the paper.
6. Layer the 2 White Coral dies from Step #4 onto the bottom of the Soft Succulent Vellum, trimming as needed. Adhere the Seahorse over the coral as shown in sample.
7. Using the scrap of White Cardstock left over from Step #4, cut out a 1/2” x 2” strip of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the sentiment using Flirty Flamingo ink and “flag notch” the right side. Layer onto the card using Liquid Adhesive, slipping the end behind one of the coral tips.
8. To finish, add a Champagne Rhinestone Jewel to the eye of the Seahorse.
Pin It For Later
Don’t forget to pin this image below to your Pinterest boards.
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!