This super simple Clever Cat card is so much fun! The Clever Cats Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! is the purr-fect set for your twitching hour projects including cards, treats for your tricks-or-treaters, and bags.
The best part of this card is how easy it was to put together! I used Card Sketch #13 from my Card Sketch Library (how appropriate for a Halloween Card, right? 😄) and then used the free Penguin Playmates Sale-A-Bration Paper for a bit of contrast. The fun thing about this stamp set is that if you replace the jack-o-latern with another image, this card could easily work for another occasion! How about putting him on a cake and make a fun birthday card? The ideas are endless!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic Black: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Mango Melody: 3-3/4” x 5-1/2”
- Penguin Playmates Paper: 3-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- Misty Moonlight: 3/4” x 2-1/2”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside card); 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” square for front of card
- Fold the Basic Black Cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
- Layer the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card base.
- Layer the Penguin Paper onto the Mango Melody paper and then adhere to base card.
- Using the 2-1/2” square of Basic White cardstock, stamp the jack-o-lantern at the bottom of cardstock using Mano Melody ink. Stamp the cat on top of the pumpkin using Black Memento ink. Adhere to base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the strip of Misty Moonlight cardstock using Black Memento ink; flag notch the right side. Adhere to card using Double Dimensionals.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration & earn free products!
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!