Enjoy this Cardmaking Tutorial using Stampin Up Masks. They are so easy to use, especially when you use the Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes!
I love that during Sale-A-Bration (August 3 – September 30, 2021) you can earn free stamp sets with a $50 purchase. And the Feels Like Home Stamp Set is one of those sets you can earn for free!
I know that coloring can be intimidating for some, but I love to take a detailed image like the one I used on this card and highlight small areas of the image. It’s so easy to do when you use our Blends Alcohol-Based Markers! By the way, if you don’t like the colors I chose for this card, you can always change it up using one of my Color Combinations – check them out here!
And because I knew the main image was going to be detailed yet simple, I wanted to step up the card a bit by using a soft background. I couldn’t find any pretty paper that worked, so I went with one of Stampin’ Up!’s decorative masks. They are so easy to use – basically you lay the 6″ x 6″ plastic mat over the cardstock and start sponging! You can also use them with our Embossing Paste, but that’s an instructional post for another day!
I have complete instructions below on how I made this background (it’s super easy, I promise!) and don’t forget you can download the instructions too!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Cajun Craze: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- So Saffron: 3-1/2” x 4-1/2”
- Basic White:
- 4” x 5-1/4” (2);
- 3-1/4” x 4-1/4”;
- 3/4” x 1-1/2”
- Fold the Cajun Craze cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your bone folder. Adhere one of the 4” x 5-1/4” pieces of Basic White inside your card.
- Using the other 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White mat, place it on a large piece of scrap paper. Secure the basic Pattern Decorative Mask pattern of your choice over the cardstock. (Tip: Washi Tape or Painters Tape works well.)
- Ink up a Blending Brush well with Cajun Craze Ink and lightly “swirl” the Brush over the top of the White Mat to transfer ink. Work from the top down without re-inking your Brush to create an ombre effect if desired.
- Adhere the sponged White Mat to your base card.
- Using the smaller 3-1/4” Basic White mat, stamp the image using Black Memento ink. Color in the flowers using the Dark Daffodil Delight Blend. Color in the leaves using the Dark Granny Apple Green Blend. Finally, Color in any other parts of the image you’d like using the Light & Dark Calypso Coral Blends.
- Adhere the stamped Basic White mat to the So Saffron cardstock and adhere to the Base Card.
- Using the 3/4” strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using the Cajun Craze ink pad. Trim edges if necessary and adhere to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration & earn free products!
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!