Create a Unique Handmade Card with Stampin’ Up’s Playing in the Rain Suite!
Create beautiful handmade cards with the Playing in the Rain Suite by Stampin’ Up! Including stamps, dies, paper, and more, this bundle will help you create stunning DIY greeting cards that are perfect for any occasion. Featuring images of umbrellas, rain drops, and sentiments like ‘Rainy days are okay,’ the Playing in the Rain stamp set by Stampin’ Up! will bring a little bit of sunshine to your day, no matter the weather!
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
- Smoky Slate: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” and 2-3/4” x 5-1/2” (for die-cutting)
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (x 2)
- Rain or Shine Paper: 5” x 6” (for die-cutting)
- Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow: 2” x 4” (for die-cutting)
- Fold the Smoky Slate cardstock in half at the score line to create your card base. Adhere one of the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White mats inside the card.
- Run the Rain or Shine Paper through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the largest rectangle from the Rectangle Stitched Dies; adhere to the card front.
- Using the other Basic White Mat, stamp the fox using Memento ink. Color in using the Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze Dark, Starry Sky Light, and Ivory Blends. Cut out using the Fox die from the Playing in the Rain dies that come in the Bundle.
- Use the remaining scrap of white to cut out the 1” x 2-3/8” stitched rectangle die. Stamp the sentiment onto the die using Starry Sky ink and adhere it to the upper left corner of the card.
- Using the appropriate dies from the Playing in the Rain Bundle, cut out the 3 clouds from the scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock, the 2 grasses from the Mossy Meadow cardstock, and the bridge from the Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Layer all the die-cut pieces on the card as shown in the sample to finish. Note: only 2 of the clouds are adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals; the rest are glued down using adhesive.
Supplies Used in this Project
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend who is celebrating something! It’s so fun to make a card, but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!