If you love handmade greeting cards with a fun fold, the beautiful Splendid Thoughts Stamp Set is a perfect stamp set to use! The hand-drawn foliage images and elegantly lettered sentiments are perfect for using on all types of handmade cards for a variety of occasions.
There’s so much I love about this card – the fold, the stamp set, the colors, and the small touches like using Black Embossing Powder for the bee and the sentiment. The small touches of Embossing Powder give a sheen to those 2 elements that add just the right touch of “special” to this card!
And this fold! It’s super simple but also adds a touch of whimsy to this card. It’s a simple half sheet of cardstock, scored at 5-1/2″ and 8-1/4″. Fold the card in half at 5-1/2″ as a “valley” fold and at 8-1/4″ as a “mountain” fold. When folded, it looks like an elongated “Z.” I hope you’ll give it a try!
- Very Vanilla: 4-1/4″ x 11, scored at 5-1/2″ and 8-1/4″
- Tea Boutique paper: 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Mossy Meadow: 3-1/2″ x 5″
- Very Vanilla: 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ (focal image)
- Very Vanilla: 3/4″ x 2″ (sentiment)
- Tea Boutique paper: 1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (behind sentiment strip)
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!