Create this beautiful handmade Sympathy Card using the Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle by Stampin’ Up! In times of loss, a handmade card can be a small but significant gesture of support and sympathy. The Heartfelt Hexagon Bundle offers a way to create cards that are not only beautiful but will also convey your compassion and thoughtfulness. By using a subtle color scheme, gentle patterns, and the comforting sentiment included in the Bundle, you can help make a big difference during tough times.
Unfortunately, when we need a Sympathy Card, we usually need to make one quickly so that we can get it on its way. To keep the card easy to make, I went with some pretty paper that became the focal point of the card. The Heartfelt Hexagon Punch made quick work of adding the sentiment and then a small bit of coordinating ribbon added a nice, but simple, embellishment to the card. This is a card you could easily make in less than 5 minutes.
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Busy Bee
Busy Bee projects are designed for the beginner or busy papercrafter. This is a basic cardmaking project that can be achieved by someone who has never made a handmade card before. You can view more Busy Bee cards here.
- Pretty Peacock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Hello Irrestistable Paper: 3” x 5-1/2”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 3” x 3” for punching
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Pretty Peacock in half to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside the card.
- Adhere the piece of Hello Irresistible Paper to the front of the card, about 1/4” over from the left fold.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the 3” scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Lost Lagoon ink.
- Punch out the sentiment using the Hexagon Punch from the Bundle.
- Cut 3-1/2” of the Lost Lagoon Bordered Ribbon and adhere to the back of the sentiment tag. Angle and trim both ends of the ribbon as desired.
- Adhere sentiment tag to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for whenever you have some pretty paper you’d like to use! Just grab 2-3 colors from the paper you want to use and pull your coordinating cardstock, inks and any embellishments you’d like! An easy peasy card without any stress – I love when my pretty paper can do the heavy lifting on my cards!😊