Sometimes you just need quick & simple handmade card for a friend who is going through tough times. This card is perfect for any occasion.
There are so many things I love about this card. From the fun background done with the Tufted Embossing Folder to the color combination of Heather Highland & Balmy Blue and finally that adorable Polka Dot Tulle ribbon – who wouldn’t be cheered up to receive this card in their mailbox?
Like a lot of cards I create, this card came together quickly thanks to the easy coordination of products by Stampin’ Up! – in this case a stamp set and coordinating punch. Here’s how I made this card:
- Heather Highland 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”; 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White 4” x 5-1/4” (2) 1 for inside card, other for die cutting/punching
- Fold the 4-1/4” x 11” piece of Highland Heather cardstock in half to create base card.
- Run the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Heather Highland through your embossing machine using the Tufted Embossing Folder. Tie a piece of White Polka Dot ribbon around embossing mat and tie into a bow or knot; adhere to base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run the scrap of Whisper White through your die cut machine using the 2nd largest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die. Stamp the raindrops in Balmy Blue ink at the top as desired.
- Stamp sentiment in lower left corner using Black Memento ink.
- Stamp the Umbrella & umbrella handle onto the remaining scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Black Memento ink. Punch out using the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- Color in the umbrella using the Dark Heather Highland and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends.
- Add Wink of Stella to the Umbrella and also to the raindrops if desired.
- Add a small drop of Liquid Glue to back of the umbrella at bottom/middle; adhere the Umbrella Handle making sure the stamped image is facing outward. Adhere to White Rectangle.
- Adhere the White Rectangle to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- If desired, stamp the remaining 4” x 5-1/4” Whisper White mat & adhere to inside of the card.
Like it this card? Pin it! Be sure to pin this project to your cardmaking boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for a friend this week. Check back soon for more card making ideas! #MakeACardSendACard