Make this simple Birthday Card Design using the Nuts & Bolts Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! It’s quick, easy, and sure to make someone’s day!
This is such an easy card to make and the images in this stamp set are sure to make all ages smile! It can be done in any color, but I partularly like how the bright orange color of Pumpkin Pie is toned down a bit by the softness of using Basic Gray ink.
Don’t forget to download the written tutorial using the link below!
- Basic White:
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- 3-3/4” x 5”
- 2” x 2-1/4”
- Smoky Slate: 2-1/4” x 3-3/4”
- Pumpkin Pie: 2-1/4” x 2-1/2”
1. Fold the Basic White cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder to create your base card.
2. Using the heart stamp and the Basic Gray ink pad, ink the stamp and tap off the ink 1-2 times on your scratch paper to remove some of the ink. Stamp on the upper left corner of the 3-3/4” x 5” Basic White cardstock. Repeat as desired about half-way down the right side of the cardstock. Set aside.
3. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, emboss the Smoky Slate cardstock using the Hammered 3D Embossing Folder. Note: if you don’t have this folder or an embossing machine, you can crumble it up several times and smooth out for a different rumpled effect.)
4. Adhere the Smoky Slate cardstock to the cardstock from Step #2 using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Using the Basic Gray ink pad, stamp the sentiment just above the Smoky Slate cardstock on the left. Adhere the cardstock to the base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Stamp the robot image onto the 2” piece of Basic White cardstock using Basic Gray ink. Adhere to the Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
7. Adhere the Pumpkin Pie cardstock to the base card using Dimensionals as shown in the sample to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to give this card sketch idea a try and mail it to a friend who is celebrating a birthday! It’s so fun to make a card but it’s even more fun to send! #makeacardsendacard