You’re going to flip over the Reversibles Stamps by Stampin’ Up! The Sea Turtle Stamp Set is a Reversible Stamp Set – a game-changing innovation in the world of stamping. These aren’t your ordinary stamps; these are two-in-one wonders that act like a two-step stamp set. Imagine having a silhouette on one side and a detailed image on the other, giving you the power to add color, shadows, and mind-blowing depth to your cards and projects. Perfect for quick & easy cards, mirror images, layering, and so much more, these stamps are set to revolutionize your crafting experience.
Since this set doesn’t come with any sentiments, I paired it with the Happy Labels stamp set, which has lots of different all-occasion stamps. And I pulled my color inspiration from the beautiful Earthen Elegance Designer Paper.
I love this color combination for the Sea Turtle images – they’re muted enough for an underwater scene but rich enough to use for a masculine card. If you’d prefer something brighter, consider a color combination that uses Blueberry Bushel – you can find lots of inspiration in my Color Combination Library. Let’s dive into the fun and discover how you can double your creativity with Reversible Stamps!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Pool Party Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Earthen Elegance Designer Paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Pool Party Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for die-cutting)
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Pool Party cardstock in half at 4-1/4” scoreline.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the card.
- Using the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of the Earthen Elegance paper, stamp an underwater scene using the background stamps of choice from the stamp set and Lost Lagoon ink. Adhere to card front.
- Using the Radiating Stitched Dies & Pool Party cardstock, cut a 2-1/2” x 4” rectangle & a 1-1/2” circle.
- Stamp the large Bold Turtle onto the Pool Party rectangle using Lost Lagoon ink.
- Stamp the detailed turtle over the top using Pebbled Path ink. Adhere to card front.
- Stamp sentiment from the Happy Labels set onto the die-cut circle using Pebbled Path ink. Adhere to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add 3 of the Pebbled Path Dots to finish.
A Tip from Barb
The Sea Turtle Reversible Stamps actually make this card very easy to create, but the use of the die-cuts and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine have made me update this to a Work Bee card. If you don’t have the Radiating Stitches dies or Cut & Emboss Machine, you can use a 1-1/2″ circle punch and cut a 2-1/2″ x 4″ rectangle piece of Pool Party cardstock to simplify the card!