Quick Handmade Greeting Card for Cat Lovers
Make this adorable handmade greeting card for Cat Lovers using the Catch You Later Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
Looking for a special card for the cat-lover in your life? Make your own! It’s super easy to do with this whimsical stamp set featuring this cute kitty image! This Card is sure to please even the most discriminating cat-lover!
I started with a simple color combination of Smoky Slate, Pool Party, and Pale Papaya.
If you prefer a bright color combination, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library – there are many different combinations that will work!
For the card design, I wanted something super simple so that I could get the card in the mail! 😀 I pulled out my Cut & Emboss Machine and one of my favorite label dies, and bam! All the layers were cut and done. If you don’t have a die-cut machine, no worries. Simply cut the Basic White cardstock to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ and the Pool Party cardstock to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4! Easy peasy!
But what makes this card is the adorable image cat image from the Catch You Later Stamp Set. I kept the coloring simple by using Watercolor Pencils – very quick & easy! You can see more samples I’ve made with this stamp set here.
- Smoky Slate: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Pool Party: 4” x 4” (for die-cutting)
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” and 4” x 4” (for die-cutting)
1. Fold the Smoky Slate cardstock in half.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock inside the base card.
3. Using the 4” x 4” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the cat image using the Memento Black ink. Cut out using the appropriately-sized Hippo & Friends label die.
4. Color in the image using the Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay Watercolor Pencils. If desired, blend with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush or use a damp (not wet) brush to blend the colors.
5. Using the Pool Party scrap, cut out the large Hippo & Friends Die that you used in Step #3.
6. Wrap about 12” of Pale Papaya ribbon around the Pool Party die-cut and tie into a knot or bow on the right side. Adhere to the base card using adhesive.
7. Layer the Basic White Stamped label to the Pool Party label using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used on this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!