I just love everything about this Quick and Easy Congratulations Card featuring the Whale Done bundle, from that gorgeous embossed background to the fun ribbon that looks like sparkly netting! And wait until you see how easy it was to make!
This is such an easy card to make: an embossing folder for some fabulous depth on your mat, a coordinating punch that cuts out your Whale, and a super cute sentiment in a fabulous font. This is definitely a quick & easy card!
I designed this entire card around that spectacular Metallic Mesh Ribbon – I thought it looked like sparkling netting and it’s so easy to use! I started with an easy card sketch and then decided to keep my colors very neutral to keep the Metallic Ribbon as the focal point.
If you don’t have a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine or the Seashells Embossing folder, then just use one of the stamps in the stamp set and stamp all over the background using Crumb Cake ink. It would still give you some depth and add a bit of interest without taking your eye away from that ribbon! Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½” and ¾” x 4” and scrap for punching (3” x 3”)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼”
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a piece of 4” x 5-1/4” Crumb Cake cardstock. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder, emboss the Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Cut a 3/4” x 4” piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment on the left side using Night of Navy ink.
- Cut a 4-1/2” piece of the Metallic Mesh ribbon and layer onto the Crumb Cake cardstock, being careful to only place adhesive in the center. Adhere the 3/4” strip of Very Vanilla cardstock using Stampin’ Dimensionals over the center of the Mesh ribbon. If necessary “fluff out” the ribbon so that it looks like netting.
- On a 3” x 3” scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the Whale using Night of Navy ink. Punch out using the Whale Punch and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Pin It For Later
Don’t forget to pin this image below to your Pinterest boards.
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the new Holiday Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration & earn free products!
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Try this card sketch idea with different sentiments and colors and you’ll have a card in minutes! Leave me a comment and let me know how you’d tweak this card.