The Adorable Hippo Happiness Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
The Hippo Happiness Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! features adorable critters you can use to make greeting cards, tags and more!
I think “ewe” will find lots of uses for this set, including “hippo” birthday, thank you, friendship, and more. To create the animal images with Two-Step Stampin’, stamp the silhouette image in the lightest color of ink, then stamp the detailed images in darker colors.
I had so much fun putting this card together! Believe it or not, the most difficult part of putting this card together was choosing the colors! I ended up going with this bright & cheery color combination:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Fresh Freesia Cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5-¼” and 5-½” x 8-½” (for die-cutting)
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and adhere inside your base card.
- Using a half sheet of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the hippo image in Gorgeous Grape ink and the unicorn/pony using Granny Apple Green ink. Running the cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine, die-cut the unicorn, the hippo and the 3 different sizes of labels (see the photo sample).
- On the smallest label, stamp the sentiment using Black Ink and sponge the edges in Fresh Freesia ink, using a sponge dauber.
- Sponge the edges of the other 2 labels, one in Granny Apple Green and the other in Gorgeous Grape. Adhere them to the card front as shown in the photo sample.
- Adhere the unicorn and hippo onto the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish the card, add some Pastel Pearls as desired. (I used 5, 1 each on the Butterflies and then 3 more on the smallest label.)
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!