I can’t wait to share this handmade Thank You card tutorial featuring the Autumn Leaves Bundle by Stampin’ Up! This incredibly versatile Bundle makes it so easy to create handmade cards that will brighten someone’s day! With a range of detailed leaves and sentimental phrases, this Bundle is your gateway to crafting handmade thank you cards that are not just beautiful, but also deeply personal. Let’s dig in!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Pool Party Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White Cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock: 2” x 2”
- Basic White Cardstock: 1-1/4” x 2-3/4”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Pool Party Cardstock in half at the 4-1/4” score line.
- Unfold the card and run the front of the card through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder. Refold card and burnish fold well with the Bone Folder.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock to the inside of the card.
- Using the 2” x 2” piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock, die-cut 2 of the medium leaves from the Bundle Dies.
- Optional: sponge edges of leaves using Pretty Peacock ink.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a 1-1/4” x 2-3/4” piece of Basic White cardstock using Pretty Peacock ink. Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine and die-cut using the sentiment tag from the Bundle Dies.
- Take 22”-24” of the Silver & White Ribbon and tie into a large bow. Adhere to the card front.
- Adhere the leaves onto the back of the sentiment strip and adhere over the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for whenever you have some pretty paper you’d like to use! Just grab 2-3 colors from the paper you want to use and pull your coordinating cardstock, inks and any embellishments you’d like! An easy peasy card without any stress – I love when my pretty paper can do the heavy lifting on my cards!😊