Handmade Spring Card
This handmade Spring card features the Thanks A Bunch Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up! With its fun springtime images and thoughtful sentiments, this set will allow you to express your feelings in a unique and meaningful way. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or just starting out, you’re sure to fall in love with the versatility and whimsical nature of this stamp set.
View more stamped samples & inspiration here
I love any stamp set that is Two-Step Stamping. If you’re unfamiliar with this term, it basically means that stamps that are usually one image (i.e., flowers and stems) are on two separate stamps so that you can quickly stamp the images in different colors. That’s the case with the Thanks A Bunch stamp set, which is so easy to use.
I wanted a bright and cheery color combination for this card, so I chose this color combination. If you prefer something less vibrant, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, which has lots of different ideas for you!
- Parakeet Party: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Parakeet Party: 1/2″ x 2-3/4″
- Balmy Blue: 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- 3″ x 3″
- 1″ x 2″
- Fold the Parakeet Party cardstock in half on the score line to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Using the 3″ x 3″ Basic White cardstock, ink the “stems” using Parakeet Party ink and stamp at the bottom of the cardstock. Repeat as desired to fill in the “grass”.
- Using the speckle/dot stamp, ink in Melon Mambo ink, and stamp towards the top of the “grass” to simulate flowers.
- Using the Small Blending Brush, ink up using Balmy Blue ink and lightly sponge above the flowers to create a sky.
- Adhere the White cardstock to the Balmy Blue cardstock and adhere to the card as shown in the sample.
- Using the 1/2″ strip of Parakeet Party cardstock, “flag notch” both ends using your scissors. Using the 1″ strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Balmy Blue ink; adhere to the center of the 1/2″ Parakeet Party Cardstock strip. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere both of these to the top left of the card as shown in the sample.
- Using a Glue Dot, adhere the Dragonfly Trinket onto the “sky” above the flowers as desired.
Supplies Used in this Project
Go ahead and pin this image in your “favorites” board so you can find this when you need it!
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out this papercrafting tutorial. I hope you are inspired to create and send cards. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I love sharing how to make cards here on the BZBStamper blog, and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!