It’s so easy to create handmade Halloween masterpieces with this Stampin’ Up!’s Tricks and Treats Tutorial. The Tricks & Treats Bundle by Stampin’ Up! makes it easy to create your very own haunted house scene or perhaps, a whimsical card featuring a vampire and Frankenstein face having a grand old time. Yes, it’s all possible with this fantastic Two-Step Stampin’ set that allows you to mix and match to your heart’s content.
Two-step stamp sets are my favorite type of Stampin’ Up! Sets. The two-step stamping process lets you layer images using different stamps from the set. It’s like building an image piece by piece. In this case, we’re building a face using only black ink, but you can also easily use different ink colors for each stamp. This gives your picture more color and detail than you’d get using just one stamp. Try two-step stamping to add more life and color to your papercrafting projects!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 2-1/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Zoo Crew Designer Paper: 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (for die-cutting)
- Vellum Cardstock: 1-1/2″ x 2″ (for die-cutting)
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the Basic White cardstock in half and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
- Using the Vellum Cardstock, run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out the ghost using the Tricks & Treats dies from the Bundle. Adhere to the right side of the Zoo Crew Paper, about 1″ over from the right side. (Tip: only apply small dots of adhesive in the center of the ghost where it will be covered by the Twine – you don’t need much!)
- Adhere the Zoo Crew paper to the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Wrap about 18″ of Black Baker’s Twine around the center and tie into a bow on the left side, covering up any glue that shows through the vellum ghost.
- Using the quarter sheet of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the dracula face onto one side of the cardstock using Black Memento ink. Run the White cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine and cut out the face using the Trick & Treat dies. Run the cardstock through the Machine again, this time cutting out the 2-5/8″ x 4″ rectangle from the Radiating Stitches Dies.
- Using the die-cut Rectangle, stamp the bats as shown in the sample using Black Memento ink. Stamp the “eek!” as shown in the sample using the same ink. Adhere the die-cut Dracula face at an angle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To finish, adhere the stamped Rectangle from the previous step using Stampin’ Dimensionals, to the left side of the card, just by the Ghost.
A Tip from Barb
This is such a fun card! It was rated as a Worker Bee card because of all the die-cut items, but if you don’t have a Cut & Emboss Machine, you can simply cut the main rectangle to 2-1/2″ x 4″ and don’t add the adorable ghost. (Remember, no one will know what the original card looked like!😊) Happy Creating!