It’s time to create in style with the enchanting Garden Meadows Bundle from Stampin Up! Sending handmade cards is the perfect way to showcase your creativity, and what better way to do so than with this versatile stamp set? Whether you’re a seasoned card maker or just beginning your crafty journey, this set is about to become your go-to for creating adorable handmade cards.
For this card, I used the beautiful Meandering Meadows Designer Paper, which is also where I got my color palette inspiration. If you’d like a softer palette, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library, which will provide you with a lot of different cardmaking color combination ideas! Ready to get stamping? Let’s dig into some delightful design ideas!
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Tahitian Tide Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Meandering Meadows Designer Paper: 2-1/4” x 4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2” x 2-1/2”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Tahitian Tide cardstock in half at 4-1/4” score line; open and run just the front through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Raindrops 3D Embossing Folder.
- Refold card and add a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside card.
- Run the 2-1/4” x 4” piece of Meandering Meadows Designer Paper through the Cut & Emboss Machine and die-cut the 2” x 3-3/4” tag using the Tailor Made Tags Dies.
- Using the 2” x 2-1/2” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the basket of flowers, boots and garden tool using Black Memento ink. Color in using the Blends as shown in the sample. Run the cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine and use the Garden Meadow Dies from the Bundle to cut out all 3 images. Glue the tool onto the boots; adhere using adhesive to bottom right of tag. Glue flowers on bottom left side of tag so that it overlaps the boots. Adhere the tag to the left side of card base.
- Using Black Memento ink, stamp the sentiment to right side of tag.
- Using about 18” of Linen Thread, tie into a bow and adhere to top of tag to finish.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for whenever you have some pretty paper you’d like to highlight! Just grab 2-3 colors from the paper you want to use and pull your coordinating cardstock, inks and any embellishments you’d like! An easy peasy card without any stress – I love when my pretty paper can do the heavy lifting on my cards!😊