This handmade floral birthday card comes together quickly using the Timeless Tulip Stamp Set and coordinating Punch.
I absolutely love the colors in this card! There’s something about yellow and orange that just gives me a warm & fuzzy sunshine feeling. I used the rock and roll stamping technique to get two colors on the Tulips. This is a great technique to get multiple colors with one stamp impression.
This card came together quickly thanks to the easy coordination of Stampin’ Up! products. Here’s how I made this card:
- Mango Melody 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Birthday Bonanza 4” x 5-1/4”
- So Saffron 4-1/4” x 5-1/2 scrap for die-cutting & punching
- Whisper White 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” scrap for punching
- Fold the Mango Melody cardstock in half to create card base.
- Layer the Designer Paper onto the Mango Melody mat & adhere to card using Glue.
- Using your die-cut machine, cut the largest stitched square from the scrap of So Saffron cardstock. Stamp the 2 stems in different directions using the Pear Pizzazz ink pad.
- Using the Whisper White scrap of cardstock, stamp the leaf 3 times and punch out using the Tulip Builder Punch.
- Ink up the large Tulip using So Saffron Ink; roll the bottom and top edges onto the Mango Melody ink pad – be careful not to put too mch ink on your stamp. Punch out using Tulip Builder punch. Stamp the small tulip using the same technique and cut out by hand using Paper Snips.
- Adhere the tulips to the stems using Dimensionals. Adhere the 3 leaves using Dimensionals. so that they all “meet” at the bottom and cover using a double-tied Daffodil Delight bow.
- Using the remaining scrap of So Saffron cardstock, stamp the sentiment in Mango Melody ink and punch out using the Classic Label Punch. Adhere to base card with Dimensionals.
- If desired, add 3 Rhinestones in between tulips to fill the white space.
TIP: when doing the Rock & Roll technique, be careful to stamp the image in the lighter ink FIRST otherwise you could transfer a darker shade of ink onto your lighter ink pad.
Like this card and easily want to find it again? Pin the picture below!
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
I’d Love to Hear From You
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this floral card. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!