Delicate Dahlias Thank You Card
This gorgeous Delicate Dahlias Thank You Card is the perfect card to send to someone who did something nice for you! The gorgeous colors & special touches make this a very special card that anyone would appreciate receiving!
Time is running out to get this gorgeous stamp set during Stampin’ Up!’s Fall Sale-A-Bration (August 3, 2021 thru September 30, 2021). I have had so much fun creating with this stamp set – you can see more samples of the Delicate Dahlia set here.
I needed a quick & easy thank you card for a friend and this card came together a bit by accident! I already had the Just Jade mat, which had been embossed with the Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder, so I chose to layer it onto a softer color (in this case, Soft Succulent) and then brighten the card up a bit by using Calypso Coral. This color can be a bit “in your face” but I reall like it with this card! Here are more details on how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Mint Macaron: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” and 3/4” x 2” for sentiment
- Just Jade: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Calypso Coral: 7/8” x 2-1/8”
- Basic White: 4” x 5/14” (inside card) and 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” for stamping flower
1. Fold the Mint Macaron cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock inside your card.
3. Using the Just Jade ink pad, stamp the outline leaves randomly around the Just Jade cardstock.
4. Using the Cut & Emboss Machine, run the stamped Just Jade cardtock through the Machine using the 3D Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder. Adhere to the base card.
5. Using the 3-1/2” scrap of Basic White cardstock, stamp the outline flower using the Calypso Coral ink pad. While shut, squeeze the Calypso Coral ink pad until you have ink on the inside of the lid. Using your Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, pick up ink from the lid of your pad and “watercolor” the Flower, adding the most ink in the center of the flower.
6. Fussy cut out the Dahlia using your Paper Snip scissors; set asie.
7. Using the small piece of Mint Macaron cardstock, stamp the sentiment slightly to the right using the Just Jade ink pad. Adhere to the Calypso Coral cardstock and adhere to the base card. Tip: use the cut out Dahlia from Step #6 to determine placement of the sentiment.
8. Adhere the Dahlia using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it slightly covers the left side of the sentiment strip to finish.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed this papercrafting tutorial. If you have a question or if I can help you with anything, please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!