This Beautiful Fall Patterned Paper by Stampin’ Up is designed in traditional Autumn colors and is perfect for creating all sorts of items: cards, treats and scrapbooking projects. Here we used it create a fun Halloween design!
I had so much fun making this card! I started with the Clever Cat stamp set and had a piece of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper sitting on my stamping table so I decided to go with it!
For the color combination, I went straight from the colors in the Designer Paper. This is my go-to method for developing new color combinations – Stampin’ Up! makes it so easy to put colors together simply by using what they have in their pretty papers! But if you want a different color combination for your card, make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for even more ideas.
Since I wanted more of a Halloween feel, I grabbed my Black ink pad and the bats from the Clever Cat stamp set and just stamped a few of them at the top of the paper. Perfect! The Clever Cat stamp set has quickly become one of my favorite stamp sets – you can see more cards I made with this set here. Here are the instructions on how I made this quick & easy card:
Supplies Used on this Project
- Mango Melody: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4” and 2-3/4” x 3-1/2”
- Beauty of the Earth Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside card) and 2-1/2” x 3-1/4”
- Cajun Craze: 2-5/8” x 3-3/8”
- Fold the Mango Melody cardstock in half at the score line to create your base card.
- Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock inside your base card.
- Using the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Beauty of the Earth paper, stamp the large and small bats randomly at the top of the paper, using Black Memento ink. Adhere to base card.
- On the 2-1/2” x 3-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the broom using Soft Suede ink.
- Stamp the Black Cat using Black Memento ink so that he’s sitting on the broom. (Tip the black ink will cover the broom as long as your ink pad is well inked.)
- Stamp the sentiment below the cat using Black Memento ink.
- Layer the White cardstock onto the Cajun Craze cardstock, and then layer onto the Mango Melody cardstock. Adhere to base card using adhesive.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
- View the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog
- View the 2023 Winter Holiday Catalog
- View NEW Online Products
- Monthly Crafting Kit
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create and make your own Fall projects. As we head into the Fall, not only is it a fast moving time that goes by quickly, it’s also a crafter’s happy time of creating. Be sure to block off time to create a lot this Autumn! See you soon with more projects.