Make this cute and easy Mother’s Day card, featuring the Amazing Silhouettes Stamp set and some pretty paper from Stampin’ Up! You’ll be amazed at how quickly this card comes together!
The is such a gorgeous card and perfect for Mother’s Day thanks to the beautiful Symbols of Fortune Designer Paper. It’s the perfect focal point for the card design!
I started with a very simple card layout and decided to use colors straight from the Designer Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Succulent and Calypso Coral:
I love this combination — I find it very elegant! However, if this color combination doesn’t work for you, jump on over to my Color Combination Library and pick a different combination!
Here’s how I made this very simple card:
- Sahara Sand: 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Soft Succulent: 2-3/4” x 5-1/2” and 3/4” x 2-1/2”
- Symbols of Fortune Paper: 2-1/2” x 5-1/2”
- Calypso Coral: 2-1/4” x 2-1/4”
- Basic White: 2” x 2” and 1/2” x 2-1/2” and 4” x 5-1/4”
1. Fold the Sahara Sand cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock inside the base card.
3. Adhere the Symbols of Fortune Designer Paper to the larger strip of Soft Succulent cardstock and adhere to the base card.
4. Using the Calypso Coral ink pad, stamp the sentiment onto the 1/2” strip of Basic White cardstock. Adhere to the 3/4” strip of Soft Succulent cardstock and adhere to the base card as shown in the sample.
5. Stamp the butterfly onto the 2” square of Basic White cardstock.
6. Adhere the stamped white cardstock to the Calypso Coral cardstock and then adhere to the base card at an angle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. To finish the card, add 3 of the Iridescent Jewels as desired.
Supplies Used on this Project
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!