This beautiful card, featuring the Honeybee Home Stamp Set, is taken up a notich by using one of Stampin’ Up!’s Decorative Masks.
It’s all the little special touches on this card that makes it so special! Let’s start with that gorgeous inked background created using a Stampin’ Up! Decorative Mask! It’s an amazingly easy technique – all you need some a Mask, some ink, and some Blending Brushes and you’re on your way! I did an earlier blog post about using Decorative Masks – you can find it here.
Despite the super simple stamping on this card – just black ink and some stamped images – it’s the Hive 3D Embossing Folder that really sets off the Decorative Mask Background. It’s easy to do with our Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, but if you don’t have one, you can always just add the cardstock without embossing it. 🙂
If you’d like to recreate this card, I’ve got complete instructions below, as well as a link where you can download the Tutorial. Enjoy!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Basic White:
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- 3-1/4” x 4”
- 1/2” x 3”
- Basic Black: 3-3/8” x 4-1/8”
- Mint Macaron: 4” x 5-1/4”
1. Fold the Basic White Cardstock in half at score line and set aside.
2. Run the Mint Macaron Cardstock through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Wrap a 5” piece of White Frayed Ribbon around the embossed Mint Macaron cardstock and secure at the back of the Mint Macaron cardstock. Adhere to base card.
4. Using the 3-1/4” x 4” piece of Basic White Cardstock, place on a piece of scrap paper. Line up the mask over the cardstock (tip: you can secure with post-it notes, washi tape, or painters tape to hold in place.)
5. Using a Blending Brush, ink the brush using Mint Macaron ink and sponge lightly in circular motions over the stencil to create your background. Be careful not to move your stencil until you are done.
6. Using the floral images from the stamp set, stamp along the bottom using Black ink. Add 1 bee at the top of one flower.
7. Adhere the White cardstock to the Basic Black cardstock and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
8. Using the 1/2” strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment in the center of the strip, then use you scissors to snip both ends at an angle. Adhere to the base card so that slightly overhangs the stamped images on the left.
Pin It For Later
Now it’s your turn to make this project! Get your supplies and think of who you can make and send these cards to. Showing that you noticed something someone else did or achieved is priceless! Pin this image below to easily find it again
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you are inspired to create today, whether it is this simple and cute handmade card or another cardmaking project. My goal is to help you enjoy some creative joy! Keep checking back for more projects.