How adorable is this Frightfully Cute Halloween card? The Frightfully Cute Bundle by Stampin’ Up! is a fun way to mix and match stamped images with die-cut shapes and tag pieces.
I love this Halloween stamp set! Images are sized perfectly to fit on small chocolate bars or other sweets for trick-or-treaters. You can be the fun house this Halloween by turning ho-hum trick-or-treat sweets into a delectable surprise with Frightfully Cute Bundle.
Or, you can make a fun card like I did here! This project looks really difficult, but thanks to the Frightfully Cute Bundle, it actually comes together pretty quickly!
First, I wanted a bright & cheery color combination so I used:
How fun are these colors? Of course, if you’d prefer a more subtle statement, you can view one of the other Color Combinations in my Color Combo Library. Here’s how I made this card:
Supplies Used on this Project:
- Pumpkin Pie: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Granny Apple Green: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Gorgeous Grape: 3-5/8” x 4-5/8”
- Basic White: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside of card); 3-1/2” x 4” and scrap for die-cutting sentiment
- Basic Black: 1/4” x 3-1/2” x 2 and 5/8” x 3-1/2”
1. Fold the Pumpkin Pie cardstock in half at the score line to create your base card.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” Basic White cardstock inside your base card.
3. Run the 4” x 5-1/4” Granny Apple Green cardstock through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder and adhere to the base card.
4. At the bottom of the 3-1/2” x 4” Basic White cardstock, stamp the 3 jars in the center using Pumpkin Pie ink. Clean your stamp thoroughly and stamp the jars to the right, using Gorgeous Grape ink. Clean stamp, ink with Granny Apple Green ink and stamp to the left of the Pumpkin Pie jars.
5. Approximately 1” above these jars, stamp the trio of jars on the left side, starting with Gorgeous Grape ink and then stamp to right using Granny Apple Green ink. Adhere the 1/4” strip of Basic Black cardstock to look like a shelf.
6. At the top of the White cardstock, stamp the spider using Black Memento ink so that it hangs from the top down and just to the right of end green jar from the above step.
7. Stamp the jars so that they hang off the White Cardstock on the right side. Clean and ink stamp again with Pumpkin Pie ink and stamp to the left. Add another spider just to the right of the last Pumpkin Pie jar.
8. Adhere the 1/4” strip of Basic Black cardstock to the top jars so that it looks like shelf.
9. Adhere 3-5 of the Artistry Bloom Sequins to the jars as desired.
10. Using a scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock, cut out 2 spider Webs. Adhere the full web on the left side so that it covers the jars.
11. Cut the 2nd web into quarters and adhere one to the top left of White mat so that it covers most of the Pumpkin Pie jars and just below the Gorgeous Grape jars in the upper right corner.
12. Adhere the White mat onto the Gorgeous Grape mat so that you only have a slight border around the top & sides (about 1/16”)
13. Layer the 5/8” piece of Basic Black cardstock onto the bottom of the Gorgeous Grape mat.
14. Wrap some of the Black Glittered Ribbon around the Black strip of cardstock and tie into a knot; trim edges. Layer the Gorgeous Grape mat onto base card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
15. Using a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink. Run through the Cut & Emboss Machine, using the long sentiment label from the Frightful Tags Dies to cut out the sentiment. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Like It? Pin It!
Be sure to pin this project to your card making boards on Pinterest if you like this project
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Download the 2022 Spring Occasions Catalog
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are inspired to make simple handmade cards for friends this week! Give this papercrafting tutorial a try 🙂 Check back soon for more card making ideas!