It’s so easy to create an Autumn Card using the Design A Treat Bundle by Stampin’ Up! This stamp set comes with repeatable patterned stamps to create a checkered print in your choice of colors, or you can come up with your own prints by using the stamps in unexpected ways.
This card was so fun to put together! I started with a super easy Card Sketch from my Sketch Library – Card Sketch #7, which I flipped from a horizontal layout to a vertical layout. For the colors, I used a fun color palette of So Saffron, Calypso Coral and then a Kraft leaf from the Leaf Labels & Gems embellishments.
If you prefer a bolder combination, you’re sure to find one in my Color Combination Library – check it out!
- So Saffron: 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Calypso Coral: 1-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside card)
- 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- 2″ x 2″ scrap (for tag)
- Fold the So Saffron cardstock in half to create your base card.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Using the 1-1/2″ piece of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the hatch image using So Saffron Ink the full length of the cardstock. (tip: start in the center and work out.)
- Clean your stamp and turn it 90 degrees. Ink using Calypso Coral ink and stamp so that it fills the squares next to the So Saffron images. Repeat as necessary.
- Adhere the Basic White cardstock to the Calypso Coral mat and adhere to the card front.
- Add one of the leaf die-cuts from the Leaf Labels to the card front.
- Stamp the small label onto the scrap of White cardstock using So Saffron ink. Stamp the “for you” in the center of the tag using Calypso Coral ink.
- Using the Cut & Emboss Machine and the Design a Treat dies that come in the Bundle, die-cut the label and adhere to the leaf die-cut as shown in the sample.
- To finish, add 3 of the Fine Sparkle Gems as desired around the sentiment label.
Supplies Used in this Project
Save this to your Pinterest board where you save those quick and easy cards.
Thanks for stopping by for today’s card tutorial! My goal is to help you make quick & easy greeting cards for all occasions. If you’d like more detailed directions on how to make this card, feel free to email me. I hope you’ll join me again for more card-making ideas!