Make handmade cards quickly using Two-Step Stamping with Softly Sophisticated Bundle by Stampin’ Up! The Two-Step stamping process allows you to layer two or more images in different colors to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want.
This Bundle is part of Stampin’ Up!’s 2024 Sale-A-Bration and is only available with a qualifying order between now and February 29, 2024. It features the versatile Softly Sophisticated Stamp Set and the coordinating Softly Sophisticated Embossing Folder.
For this card, I used the beautiful Poetic Expressions Designer Paper for my color inspiration and I’m really happy with how it turned out. The classic elegance of the paper blended well with simple floral images and could be done in just about any color combination. (Make sure you check out my Color Combination Library for more inspiration.)
How To Make This Card
Project Skill Level: Worker Bee
Worker Bee projects are designed for the crafter who has a bit more time and enjoys creating a handmade card that features a technique or tool. In many cases, a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is required for die-cutting and/or embossing.
- Basic White Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Poetic Expressions Designer Paper: 3” x 4-1/2”
- Basic White: 2” x 4”
- Basic White Cardstock: 3/4” x 2”
Get 5 Bee-utiful Exclusive Card Sketches in Your Inbox
Join our newsletter and receive a honey of a package of five quick & simple cards guaranteed to make your creativity buzz! Sign up now and let the goodness flow straight to your inbox!
- Fold the 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Basic White cardstock in half at the 4-1/4” score line. Re-open the cardstock and run the front of the card through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Softly Sophisticated 3D Embossing Folder, which is part of the Bundle.
- Run the Poetic Expressions paper through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the 2-3/8” x 4” Countryside Borders die. Run the 2” x 4” Basic White cardstock through the Machine using the 1-3/4” x 3-1/2” Countryside Borders die.
- Stamp the stem image three times on the Basic White cardstock using Old Olive ink. Add the flowers using Lost Lagoon ink. Adhere the White cardstock to the Poetic Expressions paper and adhere to the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the 3/4” piece of Basic White cardstock using the Old Olive ink. Wrap the Linen Thread several times to make 3 loops and secure it to the back of the sentiment tag using Stampin’ Dimensonals. Adhere to the card front as shown on the sample.
A Tip from Barb
This is the perfect card sketch for whenever you need a simple card, but want to step it up a bit. The Two-Step Stamping makes it easy to stamp your images, the paper helps you choose the color combination, and the Dies and Embossing Folder really step the entire card up a notch. Give this one a try – you can make multiples of this one very quickly!