How adorable is this quick and easy Christmas Card featuring the Trees for Sale Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up? This is a two-step stamp set and because I wanted to mass-produce this card, I used only 2 colors of ink. This is currently the front-runner for my personal 2022 Christmas Card!
Are you familiar with Two-Step Stamping? Basically, it means that stamps that are usually one image (i.e., stems and flower) are on two separate stamps so that you can quickly stamp the images in different colors. That’s the case with the Trees for Sale stamp set, where the bold tree is separate from the “inside” branches. It makes creating this whimsical trees so easy to create!
- Pool Party: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside card)
- Basic White: 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Pool Party: 3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Fold the Pool Party cardstock in half at the scoreline to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock inside the card base.
- Using the 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock, ink up the snowflake stamp using Pool Party ink, tap off once on your scratch sheet, and stamp onto the White Cardstock. Repeat one more time without reinking. Continue by inking, tapping off, and stamping until the entire cardstock is covered.
- Using the Pool Party ink pad, stamp different sizes of the bold tree onto the bottom of the Basic White cardstock. See sample for placement.
- Using the Soft Succulent ink pad, stamp the “tree branch” images inside the Pool Party trees.
- Adhere the White cardstock onto the card front, about 3/4″ from the top of the card.
- Using the Pool party ink, stamp the dog in the lower right corner of the front of the card.
- Using the 3/4″ strip of Pool Party cardstock, stamp the sentiment using the Soft Succulent ink pad. Using scissors, “flag notch” each end of the strip and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Pin the image below to your board for all those handmade Christmas card ideas you have saved so when you have an opportunity for a fun cardmaking session you will be able to get right to the creative part!