Get creative and make this quick and easy handmade Turtle card using the Playing in the Rain stamp set by Stampin’ Up! This stamp set includes everything you need to make a handmade card that is sure to impress. From detailed images of rain to playful cloud designs and more, this stamp set is perfect for creating unique DIY greeting cards. Let your imagination run wild, and use this set to add a special touch of charm to your next card-making project.
- Orchid Oasis Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Old Olive: 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic White:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ (see note below)
- Fold the Orchid Oasis cardstock at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder to create your card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White cardstock inside your card.
- Using the 1-1/4″ strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the flowers randomly using the Orchid Oasis ink.
- Adhere the stamped White cardstock to the strip of Old Olive cardstock and adhere to the front of your card, about 1″ up from the bottom of the card.
- Using the 2-3/4″ square of Basic White Cardstock, stamp the turtle image using Black Memento Ink. Note: on this sample, I used the Cut & Emboss Machine with the Stylish Shapes Dies for a bit of stitched interest, but it’s totally not necessary for the whimsical design of this card!
- Color in the turtle using the Old Olive Blends. Color in the flower center using the Dark Daffodil Delight Blend.
- Adhere the stamped White Cardstock to the left side of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish.
Supplies Used in this Project
Now it’s your turn to give this card a try. Order your supplies and plan a fun afternoon of papercrafting 🙂.