I’m Nuts About Squirrels – especially when I get to use them in a papercrafting project! And it’s easy to go nuts with the Nuts about Squirrels Stamp Set.
This set features two cheeky squirrels that will look adorable scampering across any of your projects. To create this card in a hurry, I used a variation of Card Sketch #8 and and decided to let the gorgeous Blackberry Beauty Specialty Paper do all the work. (The gold foiling in this paper takes any card project up a notch!
I love the Color Combination I used on this card:
The 3 colors together take adorably cute stamp images and step them up a bit to go beautifully with the patterned paper, don’t you think? Here’s how I made this card – don’t forget you can download the complete written tutorial below!
Supplies Used on this Project
- Blackberry Bliss: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Blackberry Bliss: 3-1/4” x 4-1/2”
- Blackberry Beauty Paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Very Vanilla: 3” x 4-1/4”
- Very Vanilla: 4” x 5-1/4” (inside card)
- Very Vanilla: 3” x 3” scrap for stamping
1. Fold the Blackberry Bliss cardstock in half at the score line and burnish well with your Bone Folder.
2. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock inside your card.
3. Adhere the 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Blackberry Beauty to the base card.
4. Using the 3” x 4-1/4” Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the Squirrel with acorn outline image using Early Espresso ink. Stamp the “bold” squirrel image using Cinnamon Cider ink. Using the bold acorn images, ink the “top” of the acorn image using Early Espresso ink, tap off once on your scratch sheet and stamp onto acorn image. Ink the “bottom” of the acorn image using Cinnamon Cider ink; tap off the ink on your scratch paper and stamp into the acorn image.
5. Stamp the branches towards the top of the Very Vanilla mat (see sample for placement) using Early Espresso ink.
6. Ink up the bold leaf image using Cinnamon Cider ink, tap off on your scratch paper, and stamp onto branch. Repeat as desired.
7. Ink up the “inside leave” image, ink in Early Espresso, tap off on your scratch paper and stamp inside one of the leaf images. Repeat as desired.
8. Stamp the sentiment just to the left of the squirrel using Blackberry Bliss ink.
9. Adhere the Very Vanilla cardstock to the Blackberry Bliss mat and adhere to the base card using adhesive.
10. Using your 3” square of scrap Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the squirrel outline image using Early Espresso ink. Stamp the bold Squirrel image using Cinnamon Cider ink and stamp onto outline image.
11. Fussy cut out the squirrel using your Paper Snips Scissors. Adhere to the base card onto the branch using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here’s a handy pin for you to save to your board where you keep your quick and easy card ideas.
- Get a Free Tutorial Every Week!
- Shop 24/7 in your PJ’s
- Shop the 2023 January-April Mini-Catalog
- Shop Sale-A-Bration (earn free items with a qualifying order!)
- Download the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (large file!)
- Monthly Crafting Kit
- Queen Bee Rewards – Earn FREE Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it every time you read a post, you share a project I have made,or you place an order – all of that helps support my small business and I appreciate you!