Make a simple Mother’s Day card featuring the Timeless Tulips stamp set by Stampin’ Up! She’ll so appreciate this handmade floral card.
One of my favorite flowers are Tulips and my mom was born in May, so it just seemed appropriate to create this pretty floral card for both occasions! (You can find all the cards I’ve made with this set here.)
This card looks difficult but is actually easy to put together using both 2-step stamping and repeat stamping! The 2-step stamping was easy to accomplish since the stem and floral images are different stamps. This makes it super simple to add a lot of color quickly and easily.
The repeat stamping was also easy to do for the same reason – stamp all the flowers in different monocramatic tones and then go back in and add the stems. You can find the complete tutorial below.
The color combination on this card features my mom’s favorite color – a reddish pink. Here are the colors I used, aren’t they pretty?
Supplies Used on this Project
- Calypso Coral cardstock: 5-½” x 8-½”
- Pear Pizzazz cardstock: 4” x 4-¼”
- Basic White cardstock: 3-¼” x 4-¾” and ¾” x 2” (sentiment) and 4” x 5-¼” (inside of card)
- Cut a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock to 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4” and fold at score line to create your base card.
- Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock and place inside your folded card base.
- Cut a 4” x 4-1/4” piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and run through the Cut & Emboss Machine using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the left side of the card base.
- Cut a 3-1/4” x 4-3/4” piece of Basic White Cardstock. Using the Petal Pink ink pad, stamp the closed tulip petals at the very top of the White cardstock. Clean stamp and ink with Flirty Flamingo, stamp 2 times and a 3rd time without reinking stamp.
- Using the open tulip petals, ink with Calypso Coral ink and stamp below the other tulips, leaving room for the stems/petals. Reink and stamp 2 more times.
- Ink the stem image using Pear Pizzazz ink. Stamp under tulips trying not to stamp over a stamped flower. Add petals as desired.
- Cut a 3/4” x 2” piece of Basic White cardstock and stamp the sentiment using Calypso Coral ink. If desired, sponge edges using Calypso Coral ink and a sponge dauber. Adhere to front of card.
Like this project? Be sure to pin it so you can easily find it again. It will take you right back here to all the details of the card.
- Shop 24/7
- Learn more about my Rewards Program
- Enjoy a quick & easy stamping experience with our Monthly Subscription Kit
- Save 20% on Every Order!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to create and make your own Mother’s Day card. We are heading into Spring, and it’s a crafter’s happy time of creating. Be sure to block off time to create a lot this Spring! See you soon with more projects.